1 Transmission Delivery Service Projects (TDSP) totaling $676 million – TDSP’s are network upgrades driven by Transmission Service Requests (TSR).
312 Other Projects totaling $1.5 billion ‑ “Other” projects include a wide range of projects, such as those that support lower-voltage transmission systems or provide local economic benefit, but do not meet the threshold to qualify as Market Efficiency Projects
6 Generator Interconnection Projects (GIP) totaling $38.8 million – GIPs are required to reliably connect new generation to the transmission grid
50 Baseline Reliability Projects (BRP) totaling $269.5 million – BRPs are required to meet North American Electric Reliability Corp. (NERC) reliability standards
- First planning cycle to include full participation of South Region members in both reliability and economic planning
- Increased efforts to identify and provide opportunities to better utilize existing capacity resources
- Increasing interregional study emphasis along the seams with MISO neighbors
- Design and implementation of Transmission Developer Qualification and Selection underway
- Ensure the reliability of the transmission system
- Provide economic benefits, such as increased market efficiency
- Facilitate public policy objectives, such as meeting Renewable Portfolio Standards
- Address other issues or goals identified through the stakeholder process
The MTEP14 report is the culmination of over 20,000 hours of work over 18 months.
369 New projects for inclusion in Appendix A.
MTEP14 Appendix A projects represent an incremental $2.5 billion in transmission infrastructure investment.